Friday 3 October 2014

The Brit Rock Film



Last night was the premiere of the Brit Rock Film Tour including 31 minutes of my Wainwrights Run over the summer. 

The Wainwrights film was at the end. First up was some mad and scary mountain biking by Rob Jarman, then some equally scary and amazing solo climbing by Julian Lines. Following this was some more amazing climbing this time by Mina Leslie-Wujastyk (with a couple of funny short films squeezed in) before finally the bit I was both looking forward to and worried about. 

It was really emotional watching this film for the first time, made even more so by seeing it on a massive screen together with 250 other people, before answering some questions at the end.  I think Al Lee did a great job putting together the film showing the story of the week from the pain and suffering to the amazing finish. Some of the shots of the Lake District Fell were stunning.The good news for me is that I do not think I said anything too stupid, even if I got fairly incoherent as the week went on. 

It was also great to see so many people who helped me during the week and who also did quite a lot of the Handy Cam filming there to watch the film. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment